Thursday 20 May 2010

Title, title ... um, not yet.

Okay so the design bible title isn't really anywhere in sight yet, so I've been on with the show on the main stage, centre light.

Creating the characters for this game idea is quite an interesting aspect because I need to create quite a diverse cast of characters to keep possible gamers interested. So I have written the character intro's in prose first, to make them feel like better more real characters to possible gamers. I feel I have done a good job in doing so for Elita, the heroine, and since she was the main character I have given her a lot of my time this past week in order for her to look and feel like a good character when played. I also feel I have done this well for Braxen, Elita's companion, whom also I gave great attention to.





I have also written back story for the heros introduction into this game, up until Elita travels to the new world. I was going to write the whole story presis, but because I'd be explaining the story it would take far too long and be at least 25 pages in length, even in basic detail. So I opted for a short and sweet approach, because if I were to present this to a game design studio, they would only be interested in something quite short, not wanting to really read more than 2 pages.

This week I have also started to draw up locations for the first of the gem locations, the heart of where it all begins. This gemstone resides in a graveyard of the the Great 5 which I will write an exerpt (like a cut-scene) later on, when I figure out the floor pla


No comments: