Wednesday 24 November 2010

Sketches

Just a mid-week post much ado about not much. A little quick exercise I did just now, to try and loosen up my hand at drawing in 'straight-to-photoshop', I'm rather happy with how they have turned out considering they are just speed sketches (if they can be called that). I tend to worry too much at how one brush stroke turns out, thinking too much as to how to produce this line, the next line, and how it will all look good or right at the end. But in doing these two pictures I've proved to myself that I can progress through an image with little or no idea as to what to draw, without worrying if it looks good or right; I've simply just gone with the flow and let the image come to me as I paint away ...

Rabbits Eye Up Cabbages


Three

Hopefully, in continuing exercises like this over time I will develop a much looser way to working, not thinking about how it will look and just jump in and paint. Also I will be able to create these sketches like this much quicker, producing more, and hopefully, it may become easier for me to get my visual ideas and inspirations down on paper more efficiently and quickly as I do find drawing what I imagine can be quite challenging at many times ... or maaaaybe I just think too big ...

No comments: