Sunday 17 October 2010

This place ... the tent, near the edge of the cliff... Hm, impressive.


For the duration of the past week I have worked on the pre-production side of things which has encompassed mainly concept sketches for the environments and plant life to be contained within our films world.









I think that I still need to push my ideas further though, and come up with more interesting drawings, because I feel some of them lack that unique alien-like feel to them. So through the next week I shall be focused on pushing my drawings further looking at more tropical plants, and writing odd ideas that could make a great plant. I have also worked on the creature design, by drawing many initial sketches of a cat-cross-weasel like creature. Although I have been working to a description of a cheeky, cute and a little unaware creature, I do feel like I have focused on too much of a basic, one-look kind of design, and all the sketches look quite similar. But overall I felt I’ve produced the work to Simon’s specification on what it should look like: a short muzzle, less fox-like than my initial quick sketches; a roundish like head; and big ears. The tail I feel though should hint at a bit of bushiness or a tip with a clump of fur like a lion.

No comments: